Hybrid Hearing with Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex M. Azar II
On Friday, October 2, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. ET, the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, chaired by Rep. James E. Clyburn, will hold a hybrid hearing with Secretary Alex Azar on the Department of Health and Human Services’ response to the coronavirus pandemic.
The hearing will examine the Trump Administration’s unprecedented political interference in the work of scientists and public health experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Food and Drug Administration, the Administration’s refusal to provide accurate and clear public health information, and the failure of the Administration to develop and implement a comprehensive national plan to contain the coronavirus, more than eight months into this public health emergency.
Secretary Azar has not testified before Congress since February, when the United States had fewer than 20 confirmed deaths from the coronavirus. Since then, nearly 200,000 Americans have died from the virus and more than 6.6 million have been infected.
- Chairman Clyburn UC - Letter from NACCHO
- Chairman Clyburn UC - Letter from IDSA
- Rep. Foster UC - Article Entitled "An open letter from Pfizer Chairman and CEO Albert Bourla to U.S. colleagues"
- Rep. Foster UC - Article Entitled "Trump once again requests deep cuts in U.S. science spending"
- Rep. Foster UC - Article Entitled "Trump Proposes Significant Cuts to NIH 2021 Budget"
- Rep. Foster UC - Article Entitled "What’s in Trump’s 2018 budget request for science?"
- Staff Analysis: The Trump Administration's Pattern of Political Interference in the Nation's Coronavirus Response
- President Trump's Plan: A whole of America Response
- Questions for Record Responses from Secretary Azar
- Hearing Transcript